Genius Tour Search Engine:
The particularity of the Park of Branfere is double: the many species (over 1000 animals) from the 5 continents are evolving in the shade of trees that have several centuries.
When you walk in the park, you see animals that live in freedom, such as lemurs or wallaby.
You'll also see, but this time protected:
- Cervicapra antelopes,
- Prairie dogs,
- Giraffes of Niger, also called peralta giraffes protected species listed in the 'European breeding program' (EEP) for preserving endangered species,
- Scimitar-horned oryx, ...
- Many farm animals,
- But also many monkeys on their island.
Shows of flights of birds are held throughout the year.
The detailed schedule is available by clicking here.
Every day in July and August, you can watch the feeding.
Botanical side, spread over 35 hectares of park, you'll see:
- Araucaria of Chile,
- Corsican Pine ,
- A Sycamore Weeping Eastern 300 years old, registered as remarkable tree of France,
- Many other species and flowers
56190 Le Guerno
By car, from Nantes to the North or from Vannes to the East, take the N165, exit 'Le Guerno';
From Rennes, take the highway towards Vannes, exit 'Questembert/Muzillac'. At Questembert, take the direction of of La Roche Bernard.
N 47Â°35'45'', O 02Â°23'58''
Click here to see the route (on a new tab)
A half-day to one day is necessary to fully enjoy the park.
It is open daily from February the 7th to November the 15th at the following times:
- From February the 7th to April the 3rd: daily from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.,
- From April the 4th to July the 2nd: from Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., on Saturday & Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.,
- From July the 3rd to September the 2nd: daily from 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.,
- From September the 3rd to October the 4th: Daily from 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.,
- From October the 5th to November the 15th: daily from 13:30 to 17:30.
Last visitor is accepted 1h30 before the park closes.
Disclaimer : The management team of the destination has the possibility to change the opening days and hours without prior communication.
The park is particularly focused on environmental education.
A contact area is organized to allow you to touch some animals.
It is possible to take a guided tour of the castle.
Park is adapted for disabled persons.
Picnic areas are planned outside the park.
Dogs are not allowed in the park.
During certain times of the year (contact the park), it is possible to spend an evening out of opening hours along with a host from the Nicolas Hulot School. The visit of the castle, a bird show and a dinner complete the evening.