Astronomy, Botanics, Ecology, Genetics, Meteorology, Natural Sciences, Physics, Robotics, Scientific Exploration
Genius Tour Search Engine:
The Garden of Sciences is an information center for all to make sciences popular and understandable per everyone, as well youngers as olders.
Indeed, the purpose of the center is to make the world of science and our environment interesting and attractive "witness of the past but looking to the future."
Exhibitions and scientific fields covered are divided in 4 areas:
- The Pavilion de l'Arquebuse (permanent collections),
- The Pavilion Raines (temporary exhibitions),
- The Botanical Garden,
- The Hubert Curien Planetarium
The Pavilion de l'Arquebuse is a museum that presents in an attractive way how biodiversity is in place on our planet, what are the relationships between nature, humans and their environment, and what is the importance of preservation of biodiversity.
Pavilion Raines meanwhile promotes science news and regularly updates its temporary exhibitions on themes directly related to science.
It has a weather station connected to the Meteosat satellite that allows visitors to make their own weather predictions.
The botanical garden, magnificent space for local cultivated and wild flora but also with varieties coming from the five continents, offers fun and poetic balads through the arboretum, the School of Botany, and the small and large Orangeries that are hosting the cabaret science and naturalist painters artists exhibitions.
It also offers you the opportunity to walk in a rich garden that hosts more than 230 varieties.
Hubert Curien Planetarium propels you into the universe through its 10 meters diameter dome and offers:
- The introducing show to astronomy "Looking to the cosmos",
- The permanent exhibition "From star mineral ",
- Lectures and film screenings followed by discussions around scientific topics,
- The "Cafe Science" where temporary exhibitions on current scientific topics, renewed every four months (in partnership with the Museum of Science and Industry of Paris, La Villette)
- An experimental and multimedia room designed to accommodate the young people, especially school children, to introduce them to the scientific process through appropriate and innovative teaching tools.
1 Avenue Albert 1er
The Garden of Sciences offers two addresses in Dijon:
- Le Pavillon de l'Arquebuse, 1 avenue Albert 1er,
- Pavilion du Raines, 14 rue Jehan de Marville
N 47Â°19'00'' E 05Â°01'00''
Click here to see the route (on a new tab)
The Garden of Science is open from 09:00 to 12:30 and from 14:00 to 18:00 (closed on Sundays at 19:00 from May the 2nd to August the 31th).
It is closed on Tuesdays, Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings.
The Botanical Garden is open:
- From October to end of February from 07:30 to 17:30,
- In March from 07:30 to 19:00,
- From April to September from 07:30 to 20:00
The planning of the planetarium projections is available by clicking here.
Disclaimer : The management team of the destination has the possibility to change the opening days and hours without prior communication.
Genius Tour is very pleased to present this comprehension science center, playful and fun for everyone , the young and the old, and whose interest is fully shared by our editorial.
Rooted in our past, future-oriented , it is to assist, facilitate and support the society to better understand the impact that our civilization has on our planet ;
It is to understand how research and technological advances, based on our behavior, can bring good things but also how it is ethically necessary for example to prevent abuses and excesses;
It is to interest seniors to these new technologies and to the world of tomorrow to make them understanding the technological developments in order to reduce or even remove the generational knowledge gap;
It is to awaken the youngers to the mysteries of science and to answer to their questions.
To visit the Garden of Sciences alone, in a group or in family, will allow you to discover additional aspects of Human environment in its past, present, and future.