Genius Tour Search Engine:
The Proumeyssac chasm is a beautiful sight.
Its forests reversed, done per these so many stalactites are made even more magical by the light & music staging.
You will have the opportunity to overhang splendid rooms and seeing unusual concretions, such as the famous jellyfish but the triangles of limestone, or the gours, these small ponds of water set as steps.
The visit of the abyss offers also an unusual experience, as a pod is able to carry up to 8 people.
It will allow you to fly into the chasm and to have unforgettable memories.
24260 Le Bugue-sur-Vezere
N 44Â°54'54'', E 00Â°55'53''
Click here to see the route (on a new tab)
The tour lasts 45 minutes.
The chasm is open:
- In February, November and December: from 14:00 to 17:00,
- In March, April, September and October: from 9:30 to 12:00 and from 14:00 to 17:30
- In May and June: from 9:30 to 18:30,
- In July and August: from 9:00 to 19:00.
The last visit starts 15 minutes before closing.
Disclaimer : The management team of the destination has the possibility to change the opening days and hours without prior communication.
A movie explained by a guide will allow you to discover how this chasm was formed.
Around the gulf are organized many facilities:
- A geological space, which explains the geological formation of the 4 eras and the formation of caves,
- A forest trail which shows you the different tree species in the Perigord,
- A large hall with bar shop and bookstore,
- A relaxation area,
- A picnic area.
Tours are translated into English, Dutch, German, Spanish, Italian and Japanese.
Pictures and movies are not allowed into the abyss.
Pets are not allowed in the chasm.
The temperature in the basement is 14Â°C. Remember to take warm clothing.
This place is labelled 'Tourism & Handicap'. The disable persons can achieve a part of the visit.
On Summer, it is strongly advisable to book to avoid waiting. Note: Reservations are held until 10 minutes before the scheduled time when booking.